Butyl waterproof tape is a life-long non curing self-adhesive waterproof sealing tape made of butyl rubber as the main raw material, together with other additives, through advanced processing. It has strong adhesion to the surface of various materials, and has excellent weather resistance, aging resistance and water resistance. It plays the role of sealing, shock absorption, protection and so on to the surface of the adherend. This product is completely solvent-free, so it does not shrink and will not emit toxic gases. Because it does not cure all its life, it has the ability to follow the thermal expansion, cold contraction and mechanical deformation of the surface of the adherend. It is a very advanced waterproof sealing material.
Because it does not cure for a long time, it has a good follow-up effect on the thermal expansion, cold shrinkage and mechanical deformation of the adhesive surface. It is an advanced waterproof material. Since butyl rubber waterproof sealing adhesive tape is so good, do we need to pay attention to some things when using it? If you need to pay attention, what should you pay attention to? Next, according to years of experience, Juli new materials will talk about the precautions for the use of butyl waterproof tape.
1. First of all, we need to control the temperature range of butyl waterproof tape, which generally needs to be between minus 15 and 45 degrees. If it is within this temperature range, we need to take corresponding measures. When in use, the base surface temperature should be more than 5 degrees Celsius to ensure the bonding strength, and special low temperature conditions can be made.
2. According to the actual needs of the project, choose different waterproof coiled materials, different working methods, and choose different types of tapes with different specifications and sizes. Be sure to choose the right model, size and specification.
3. The base course of operation shall be kept dry, free of floating soil and oil stain, and shall be wiped with cloth. Attention shall also be paid to the firmness and flatness of the bonding part of the brick wall or concrete surface. If the surface is poor, cement yarn paste shall be used for repair treatment to ensure that the surface is flat and firm without floating sand.
4. We need to be equipped with various construction tools, such as cleaning tools, rollers, wallpaper knives, scissors, etc.
5. When the product is used, it can only be used after uncovering the tape for a circle.
6. Paste single-sided aluminum foil tape at the joint between the immersion plate and the cement wall, and press it in sequence to make it firmly combined; If 80 mm wide single-sided aluminum foil tape is used, the immersion plate cannot be used. Double sided tape is used for the bonding between coiled material and coiled material, and between coiled material and base surface, and single-sided tape is used for the sealing bonding of back lap interface and port.
7. The product cannot be used with silicone, methanol, benzene, toluene ethylene and other organic waterproof materials. It can be overlapped with waterproof coiled material. When the overlapped part of coiled material is only bonded with adhesive tape, the lap width of coiled material is 50mm and the width of adhesive tape is 15mm-25mm.
8. For works with high waterproof grade, 25mm single-sided non-woven tape can be used for edge sealing at the interface.
Post time: Jul-17-2022